Dept of Quranic Affairs in Athlone – 0216961508
The Qurra Development Program is a uniquely devised training-course which aims to enhance our students, huffath, reciters and all ardent learners or Quran lovers in all aspects of Quranic study.
This program will provide the student with understanding of the Arabic language, allowing him to grasp this communiae, al-Quran. It will also offer in depth discussions on tajweed and qiraat, utilizing classical works while comparing it with many contemporary studies. Furthermore, it will compliment the study of tajweed with classes on maqamat which promises to enhance his recitation aptitude.
Ulum al-Quran is also taught so that students may understand basic and necessary facts about the Quran: when certain verses were revealed, why they were revealed, how the Quran was revealed, compiled, the history of qiraat, etc.
The program allows students to study various specialized texts in the field of qiraat and tajweed, the likes of the Tuhfah, the Jazariyyah and ultimately the Shātibiyyah as well as the seven qiraat.
This part-time course runs over a period of 6 years, consisting of 12 modules: 2 modules per year.
Sanads and ijazat are issued to students who have successfully fulfilled the necessary requirements and achieved satisfactory results during the respective modules.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND & REQUIREMENTS
The course is specifically designed for the hafith of the Quran. However, every male and female who wishes to improve their recitation of the Quran, as well as understand what they are reciting may attend the classes.
The minimum requirement is that the student is fluent in his/her recitation of the Quran.
BASIC COURSE OUTLINE
Arabic grammar and morphology (concentration is on theory)
Basic Tajweed theory
The Tuhfah of Jamzuri
Quran recitation (application of Tajweed theory)
Arabic grammar and morphology – reading of various simple texts (application of theory)
Tajweed theory – more intense than first year
Reading for ijāzah in the narration of Hafs
Arabic readers in various subjects – hadeeth, fiqh etc
Tajweed theory – contemporary issues of Tajweed, dealing with matters in which there is difference of opinion.
La`aali` al-Bayaan – contemporary book on Tajweed
Al-Salsabeel al-Shaafee – contemporary book on Tajweed
Tibyaan of Imam Nawawi
Reading for ijāzah
The seven Qiraa`aat
40 hadeeth of Imam Nawawi
40 hadeeth on Quran by Mulla Ali Qari
LECTURERS AND INSTRUCTORS
- Sheikh Fouad Gabier – senior teacher of Quran (Medina, Egypt).
- Sheikh Ismail Londt – teacher of Quran and Quranic studies (ijazah in qiraat – Egypt), principal of Dar Ubaiy institute of Quranic studies, member of Department of Quranic Affairs.
- Sheikh Ihsaan Davids – teacher of Quran and Quranic studies (ijazah in 10 qiraat – Egypt), principal of Tayyibah al-Nashr Quranic institute, lecturer at Jameyyatul Qurra Hafith School, member of Department of Quranic Affairs.
- Ml. Saleem Gaibie – teacher of Quran and Quranic studies (ijazah in the 10 qiraat), lecturer at DUAI (Strand), member of QDA.
- Ml. Abdurahman Khan – Rector of DTI, graduate and lecturer at DUAI, imam of Garlandale Masjid.
- Sheikh Abdul Azeez Brown – teacher of Quran, principal of Sout al-Quran Madrasah, achieved 2nd place in Malaysian International Quran competition and 3rd place in Iran International Quran competition.
- Sheikh Ridwaan Saiet – teacher of Quran, senior instructor at Dar Ubaiy.
- Sheikh Siraaj Giri – Graduate of Dar al-Naeem and Final year student DUAI.
- Ml. Sameegh Saeed – Graduate of DUAI, Imam of Brooklyn Mosque and lecturer at Fatimah al-Zahra Girls Madrasah.
- Ml. Yusri Jaboedien – Graduate and lecturer at DUAI.
- Sheikh Muhammad Philander – graduate of Azhar University (Egypt).
DATE AND VENUES
Where: Azhar High School, Athlone (along railway line)
Times: Every Saturday 9am to 1pm
Registration fee R250 (includes all text books).
Each module runs over a period of 4 months. Thus, a monthly fee of R300, or a once off payment of R1200 for the entire module (if able. Learners unable to pay are required to motivate sponsorship).
Ml Saleem Gaibie: 072 141 7977
Sh Zaid Dante: 021 696 1508/6