Job – Fundraiser @ Islamic Relief WC
Islamic Relief SA is a welfare NGO working largely with orphan and vulnerable children in SA and abroad. In addition to responding to international disasters and emergencies, we work with local communities through relief and development. We aim to help the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
Islamic Relief South Africa is seeking a Fundraiser for the Western Cape region. The successful candidate will be based in the Cape Town regional office, and will be an integral part of the Fundraising & Marketing Department which reports to the National Fundraising and Marketing Manager.
Interested candidates should be familiar with and comply with the following:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Significant and proven experience in the marketing and fundraising field
- 3-5 years experience within the NGO sector or within the Fundraising field
- Computer Literate in Microsoft Office
- Experience in reporting writing and trend tracking
- Ability to network and multitask within most communities
- Knowledge and understanding of current marketing and fundraising trends
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to be flexible in terms of operational aspects within the organisation
- Excellent communication and public relations skill when liaising with external parties
- Ability to function within a national and regional team
- A valid code 08 drivers license
- Matric qualification
- Tertiary qualification in a related field: Public Relations, Marketing, Administration etc
Suitable candidates are requested to e-mail their C.V to: email@example.com.
Closing dates for application: Friday 13 April 2012
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Islamic Relief SA reserves the right to:
- Appointment candidates who are deemed to be suitable to IRSA standards
- Withdraw advertised positions